Search This Blog

Monday, 3 July 2017

Random Z's

The Zebra is an unusual beast, neither donkey nor horse with defining black and white stripes.

Z was a Zebra, 

 All striped black and white; 

And if he were tame,

 You might ride on his back,

 Pretty striped Zebra.

(Edward Lear).



Song of the South.

Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay,

My oh my, what a wonderful day,

 Plenty of sunshine heading my way,

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay.


Uncle Remus sang this joyful song in the animated movie by Walt Disney called Song of the South, He was a shy, kindly old freeman of South African American origin. He used to serve as a story teller, passing on old folk tales to children gathered around him.


Uncle Remus with some of his friends.



As many of myAbcw friends may have noticed that I have been unable to contribute of late, as my husband has had a quadruple by pass (Heart surgery), also going on permanent kidney dialysis.

 He is so much better now and I am so grateful for all the kind wishes and prayers for his recovery. 


Sadly we come to the end of the current series of ABCW and my sincere thanks to Denise Roger and Leslie, in their stalwart administration, also the steady team of helpers.

 Now to a new era withMelody and team. Good luck to everyone old and hopefully many new team members to join in this fun meme.

My best wishes go  to Melody who is taking over as our new administrator and the new team of assistants and helpers... Good luck to you all and I look forward to joining our new  Abcw meme.

Best wishes to all from Di xx (Abcw team).






10 comments:

  1. I have Song of the South on CD. Haven't watched it yet.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Z's to end round 20 with.

    Thank you for your well wishes and your help in the future, I am very glad that I may rely on you as well in the new team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your husband came through surgery and is doing well now.
    I really liked Song of the South and especially Zippity Do Dah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zebra always represented the letter Z in my ABC book as a child. I liked that animal and always looked for it in the zoo.

    http://www.carinsgratitude.com/2017/07/motivate-exercise.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish your husband well and as my wife would tell you, the zebra is my favouritist animal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post ~ fun ~ and wonderful photo of Zebra for Z ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers coming your way for your husbands continued improvement. I love that tune Zippity do da!!! Love Zebras too.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creature and a happy song, a good way to end the alphabet. Glad to know the surgery went well, wishing you both sunshine coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big warm hugs to you and your hubs, Di. I'm very glad to zee your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di...sorry to be so late commenting but I had dental surgery last Tuesday and had a terrible reaction to the drugs they gave me. Better now but my system is still a bit shaky. Love your Zs and look forward to a new start with Melody. My best to Ian and be sure to take care of yourself, too! Keep in touch.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete

I usually like to reply to your comments but for some reason when i do post a reply it just diappears, any advice would be most welcome,Thanks Di x

Random Z's